Nine Herbs that Can Help Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally!
Benefits Include Lowering Blood Pressure to Increased Memory and Decreased Pain.
There are many things in the natural world that can help us restore balance in our bodies when due to the stresses of modern life things have gone wrong. The immune, reproductive, genitourinary, cardiovascular, digestive and elimination systems can all benefit from using natural substances like herbs and spices to regulate them, sometimes with effects that rival or surpass those of modern drugs and without any of the harmful “side effects”.
These herbs and spices if used on a regular basis can help regulate your blood pressure. Try them you will surprised at how effective they are!
- Cayenne Pepper – the main ingredient in this spice that helps lower blood pressure is capsaicin which if used several times a week has shown long tern effects on high blood pressure. You may have also heard of the benefits of capsaicin in pain relief. This spice has multiple benefits because it helps reduce inflammation. Enjoy this herb regularly but be careful because it is has plenty of heat in it.
- Garlic – a very tasty and flavorful herb, garlic also has significant blood pressure lowering capabilities. It is also well established as a natural antibiotic so it serves in fighting infection as well. Eating it raw has been historically shown to be the most effective way to experience its benefits, but cooking with it also works.
- Ginger – another pungent herb, ginger is found in foods from many cultures. This food if added fresh into your cooking or used in infusions has demonstrated substantial blood pressure lowering effects. Ginger is also great for helping digestion and for combating a variety of other ailments including diabetes and morning sickness.
- Ginkgo Biloba – a powerful herb which grows in China, it has been used for centuries to improve blood circulation. Ginkgo has been shown to expand arterial walls which helps lower blood pressure as well as help improving memory and alertness.
- Hawthorn (Hawthorn berries) – has a wonderful restoring effect on the entire cardiovascular system including lowering blood pressure. It can be taken as a syrup, herbal capsule or as an infusion.
- Olive Leaves – can be used either fresh or dried to strengthen and enhance the heart and blood vessels. The active ingredient in the leaves is oleuropein, a elenolic acid that protects the heart. Additionally, the leaves contain flavanoids which protect the heart and expand the blood vessel walls. This can be taken as an herbal capsule or as an infusion or essential oil.
- Tumeric – perhaps my favorite all round spice because of its incredible healing properties. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, lowers cholesterol, reduces the likelihood of blood clots and lowers blood pressure, particularly in people who suffer from auto-immune disease.
- Valerian – a very gentle but powerful herb which has been shown to relax the muscles surrounding the blood vessels which improves blood circulation throughout the body. It can be taken as an herbal supplement or a tea.
- Yarrow – this European plant is well established for its muscle relaxing and spasm relieving capacity. It will cause the body to sweat more and reduces blood pressure by relieving spasms throughout the body.
The natural world is full of amazing, health promoting herbs, spices and plants. Please contact me if you would like help identifying the natural ways you can try to lower your blood pressure. My phone is 516 609 0890 and my website is drdbrant.com
Yours in infinite wellness,
Dr. Garry D’Brant
The Zyto Scan is Here!
I am very excited to announce that we are introducing a new technology in our office that I feel can profoundly impact your health.
The Zyto scan is a completely non-invasive technology that provides immediate information about the biocommunication of the cells in your body. Your cells are constantly adjusting to changing conditions to stay healthy and your body uses these communication pathways to direct available resources to keep in balance. Most of the time you are not even aware of this ongoing process.
When your body encounters a health challenge, you may have a symptom(s). Symptoms are the bodies outward expression of its best efforts to address this challenge. You may experience symptoms such as fever, pain, fatigue or other signs of inflammation. Too often you wait until you have one or more of these symptoms to take action to assist your body in reducing inflammation and regaining equilibrium.
Wouldn’t it be great if you could support your bodies day to day efforts to remain healthy? Now you can! The Zyto scan affords us the opportunity to ask questions of your body using galvanic skin response (GSR) of your hand by holding it on a hand cradle. The information gathered provides a baseline that is unique to you. Then we can ask questions about what areas in your body are experiencing the greatest areas of disharmony regarding food, body organs, meridians, teeth, vertebra and other body systems. Very importantly, we can then ask the body what nutritional supplements will help to take systems that are out of balance and help restore them to balance!
Continue reading Introducing the Zyto Scan- A Unique Tool for Your Health.
The Alarming Case of Antibiotic Resistance
A new research report recently released indicates that pathogenic bacteria may be winning the war against antibiotics. The report issued by the Center for Disease Dynamics & Policy entitled “State of the World’s Antibiotics” identifies some serious concerns regarding global antibiotic use and the worsening state of antibiotic resistance worldwide.
Our antibiotics are becoming less and less effective against increasingly potent “superbugs,” and the report challenges the long-held belief that the biggest obstacle is a lack of new and more powerful antibiotics. Instead, the report focuses attention on the overuse of antibiotics in humans and livestock, which is at the heart of the problem of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Continue reading The Alarming Case of Antibiotic Resistance
Vitamin level in plasma tested
A new study published in theAmerican Journal of Clinical Nutrition in September 2013 suggests that higher plasma levels of vitamin C correlate with a reduced risk of gastric cancer. Gastric cancer incidence in the U.S. is estimated at 21,600 new cases, and the report estimated 10,990 deaths from the disease in 2013.
Before patients were tested for cancer, the investigators measured plasma vitamin C levels and incidence of gastric adenocarcinoma (the most common form of stomach cancer) and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in the test population. This included 467 subjects with gastric adenocarcinoma and 618 subjects with esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Continue reading Vitamin C helps reduce stomach cancer risk
Magnesium and L-Carnitine Reduce Migraines
Anyone who has suffered from a migraine knows how debilitating they can be. To put it mildly, a migraine can impact every aspect of a person’s ability to deal with their life. There is no part of what a person does that having a migraine can’t stop almost entirely.
In my practice I have had people share that when suffering a migraine they couldn’t talk, see, swallow, or even go to the bathroom. The pain was too blinding, nauseating, or severe that it made normal functions seem impossible to carry out. Continue reading Migraine Help—the Natural Way