Nine Herbs that Can Help Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally!
Benefits Include Lowering Blood Pressure to Increased Memory and Decreased Pain.
There are many things in the natural world that can help us restore balance in our bodies when due to the stresses of modern life things have gone wrong. The immune, reproductive, genitourinary, cardiovascular, digestive and elimination systems can all benefit from using natural substances like herbs and spices to regulate them, sometimes with effects that rival or surpass those of modern drugs and without any of the harmful “side effects”.
These herbs and spices if used on a regular basis can help regulate your blood pressure. Try them you will surprised at how effective they are!
- Cayenne Pepper – the main ingredient in this spice that helps lower blood pressure is capsaicin which if used several times a week has shown long tern effects on high blood pressure. You may have also heard of the benefits of capsaicin in pain relief. This spice has multiple benefits because it helps reduce inflammation. Enjoy this herb regularly but be careful because it is has plenty of heat in it.
- Garlic – a very tasty and flavorful herb, garlic also has significant blood pressure lowering capabilities. It is also well established as a natural antibiotic so it serves in fighting infection as well. Eating it raw has been historically shown to be the most effective way to experience its benefits, but cooking with it also works.
- Ginger – another pungent herb, ginger is found in foods from many cultures. This food if added fresh into your cooking or used in infusions has demonstrated substantial blood pressure lowering effects. Ginger is also great for helping digestion and for combating a variety of other ailments including diabetes and morning sickness.
- Ginkgo Biloba – a powerful herb which grows in China, it has been used for centuries to improve blood circulation. Ginkgo has been shown to expand arterial walls which helps lower blood pressure as well as help improving memory and alertness.
- Hawthorn (Hawthorn berries) – has a wonderful restoring effect on the entire cardiovascular system including lowering blood pressure. It can be taken as a syrup, herbal capsule or as an infusion.
- Olive Leaves – can be used either fresh or dried to strengthen and enhance the heart and blood vessels. The active ingredient in the leaves is oleuropein, a elenolic acid that protects the heart. Additionally, the leaves contain flavanoids which protect the heart and expand the blood vessel walls. This can be taken as an herbal capsule or as an infusion or essential oil.
- Tumeric – perhaps my favorite all round spice because of its incredible healing properties. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory, lowers cholesterol, reduces the likelihood of blood clots and lowers blood pressure, particularly in people who suffer from auto-immune disease.
- Valerian – a very gentle but powerful herb which has been shown to relax the muscles surrounding the blood vessels which improves blood circulation throughout the body. It can be taken as an herbal supplement or a tea.
- Yarrow – this European plant is well established for its muscle relaxing and spasm relieving capacity. It will cause the body to sweat more and reduces blood pressure by relieving spasms throughout the body.
The natural world is full of amazing, health promoting herbs, spices and plants. Please contact me if you would like help identifying the natural ways you can try to lower your blood pressure. My phone is 516 609 0890 and my website is drdbrant.com
Yours in infinite wellness,
Dr. Garry D’Brant