Greens, Eggs & Yams
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium-size yams (1 1/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
1/4 cup onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
2. Add olive oil to a large iron cast skillet heated over medium-high heat. Add the diced yams and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned—approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional minute.
4. Add chopped greens and cook for another minute.
5. Using the back of a spoon, make 4 wells (slight depressions) in the yam hash browns. Crack an egg into each well, then season lightly with salt and pepper.
6. Place frying pan in the preheated oven and cook for approximately 7 minutes until the whites are firm. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Recipe compliments of Brooke Rivera, HHC at swtshine.com